Saturday, October 6, 2012

ScrapHappy Saturday - Falling Down Brown

As the year starts to wind down, the color options for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are becoming narrower.  Many already guessed that this month would be brown.  Some of you would rather not include the darker colors in your rainbow of blocks.  That is fine of course, it is your quilt after all.  Before you leave it out entirely though, think about what a few darker anchor blocks will do to ground your quilt.  Give it some thought, try it out.  If you still don't like it you can always turn the extra blocks into potholders, fall place-mats or even hide them on the back of the quilt.  Why not sew a few scraps together and see how you like them?  They were already scraps after all, you aren't wasting a thing. 


10 comments:

Amy said...

Looking forward to some time in my sewing room today! October...Wow! It never fails to amaze me how fast time goes by lately.

Joanne said...

I tried to enter my connection this morning but I just don't seem to be able to do that. I made a typo on my blog address and can't delete that. So I think I need a lesson on how to do this upload thing. Anyway, I have some brown and beige blocks to see today. Joanne

Sheila said...

It will be fun seeing what everyone is making with their rich brown fabrics. I plan to include my brown blocks in my rainbow quilts.

Kate said...

I've got a few pieces with brown backgrounds and brighter prints, so I'm going to give those a try.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great color choice this month, love browns!

Edith said...

Think Chocolate, mocha, latté - brown is so rich! Even tho' it's not my favourite colour there is a lot of it in my scrap drawer (maybe a whole quit in there).

Angie said...

There are definitely brown scraps in the baskets and boxes waiting to be used up!

Cathy Tomm said...

Thanks for host again. I see brown can be the chocolate goodness. So many rich shades shown today.

Cyn said...

RSSC is such a wonderful idea. Thank you for hosting it every month. As others have said [on their blogs] this challenge has given us the opportunity to play with colors we might otherwise have skipped. Turns out, I really do like Brown, and Orange, and. . .

Andee said...

I rather like how my brown blocks came out! Thanks!