Saturday, February 10, 2018

Scrappy Happy Purpley


I'm looking forward to lots of sewing along with the Olympics. I was up late last night watching the opening ceremony.  I might have dozed off a bit in the middle, but I saw the shirtless Tongan guy and the US and Korea.  First though, it is science fair weekend!

Thursday was board set up and yesterday all the kids were at judging during school hours.  Today it should just be the morning for specialty judging and then awards tonight.  I got pictures of Ryan and Sydney at board set up, but Anna was having a small crisis with her abstract, so I never got one for her.  I'll have to do that today while they are all dressed up. 
Our soccer team made it to semi-finals for state, and they will be playing at the same time as awards.  I think there is only one kid who was supposed to be in two places at the same time. 
So I guess it will be a busy weekend, but Sunday looks wide open, that is a good thing.  Hopefully you will have some quality purple time while sewing along with the Olympics.  There are no countries with purple flags.  Presumably because purple dye was so expensive historically that it was saved for royalty. 

13 comments:

Marly said...

There are so many countries with red, white and blue flags there must be some somewhere where the white has taken on a purple tinge! Enjoy your busy weekend Angela.

Ivani said...

Love your Purple string blocks Angela!
Have a great Happy Saturday!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

how interesting about the flags!

Kate said...

Wishing Anne, Sydney and Ryan best of luck at science fair this weekend. Our regional science fair isn't until the 24th. Both My Guy and I are judging the senior high kids. I don't miss having to get the Scientist in Training ready for her's. Hope you can find some time for stitching tomorrow. Everyone will probably be ready for some relaxing down time.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good luck to your scientists! It looks like they've worked really hard on their projects!

Ellen said...

I love your string blocks. The addition of the black strip really makes them look quite striking.

Good Luck to the kiddos!

Edith said...

The purple string blocks are very vibrant. I think you are going to be very busy with olympics and science fair, hopefully you'll also find some time for quilting, although it seems we always do.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great purple blocks! Good luck to the kids )

Crystal_235 said...

I was watching opening ceremonies yesterday too. Told the family the TV is mine for the next couple weeks. I never claim the TV, always something to do.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I sorta dozed off in the middle too ;-) Enjoy the science fair

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like your purple!!!! I am behind, but will catch up next week!

Cathy Tomm said...

Hope you are getting in your sewing time Sunday now. The kids are growing up so much. Thanks for hosting.

Jennifer said...

Lots of great purples! I pulled out my lighter scraps to work with and think they may be enough to make all my blocks for the month!