Saturday, July 1, 2017

New Month, New Color

Time to phase out yellow and start to work on blue.  Hope you are feeling energetic, I know that blue is a big color for most quilters.  It sure is for me.  After a month of sparse scraps with yellow, it will be nice to have plenty of choices this month.
 I did get one more triangle done yesterday.  Ignore the odd tilt to the diamond at the top.  It was supposed to tilt the other way.  I am always mystified by paper piecing patterns with inset seams.  Seriously, how is that supposed to work?  Not so well when I am attempting it apparently.  Life is full of imperfections though, and I'm fine with that.

I did manage to dig up enough yellow skinny scraps to eke out these tiny log cabins.  I'll need to generate some more scraps in the yellow bin before there is enough variety for more.  Check out the blues though, no end to variety in the blue bin!
Please link up below with your own progress on yellow or blue.
I'll be back to my scraps soon enough.   First though, Ryan is having a birthday pool party today.  I'd better go and make sure that the house isn't embarrassing before kids start showing up.  Since his friends are also my students, I'll make sure the house is in decent shape.  Once they show up though, I'll be trying to hide.  I think the sewing room might just be the perfect place.  


5 comments:

Deb A said...

Yea! I seem to have printed off an appliqué basket shape yesterday for some blue baskets to get made this month.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm looking forward to some blue sewing this week! Thanks, Angela!

Katie Z. said...

Your triangles are impressive! I'm working on my second ever paper piecing project, and it challenges my mental image of shapes, lines, etc.

Monica said...

Well, I am stumped by that triangle. But, I do love those mini log cabins! I always admire them, but I'm not sure I could make them myself. Blue will be lovely for July!

Julie S said...

Glad to have caught up, now on to BLUE!
Thanks for hosting...it keeps me "accountable"!