Monday, June 16, 2014

Design Wall Monday - June 16, 2014

 I worked a bit this week on making some churn dash blocks to go with the baby nine patches that have been in the works for a couple of years now.  The entire block comes from just a light and dark 2 inch strip which makes planning pretty easy.
Speaking of planning, I was starting to think about the math for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler Quilt.  The colors are going to be in diagonal stripes and ROYGBIV order.  I'm about halfway done with the quilt, and also halfway done with the year, so I think it will all work out.
Be sure to visit Judy's Blog to see what everyone else has on their design wall today.


10 comments:

Ramona said...

Your Churn Dash and baby nine patch blocks look great! Love the colors.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a lovely combination the two blocks make. I like the section where you mixed up the green and red blocks.

Sheila said...

Love how your churn dash and baby nine patch blocks are coming along.
I'm having fun with the scrappy midgets. Especially the easier ones. lol. Interesting ROYGBIV idea. Diagonal, horizontal, doesn't matter I love viewing roygbiv quilts.

Anonymous said...

Well done, love the churn dash so much! I need to plan my quilts out in a better way, I think that there is nothing like paper and colored pencils. I use eq but sometimes the layouts just need it drawn. Great ideas.

Cathy Tomm said...

Good looking blocks and great plan you have. I like making a bit of a plan on where the colours should go.

Quilting Nonnie said...

So adorable...the churn dash and double nine patches. It's a lucky baby that is going to get this one.

Teresa in Music City said...

All those teeny-tiny little 9-patches! The churn dashes look so wonderful in there with them :) A real feast for the eyes!

Kate said...

The churn dash and 4 patch blocks are looking good. I like your layout for the RSC sampler blocks.

Ellen said...

Your design wall looks great. I am looking forward to seeing how this one comes together!

Barb said...

That is going to be one fun fun quilt when you get it completed...