Thursday, April 4, 2013

Downhill to the Weekend

We got the testing schedule for the rest of the year at a faculty meeting before school this morning.  It made me thankful to have gotten through most of what I needed to teach before spring break.  Between the grade level testing, the end of course testing and the AP testing, things will be busy between now and the end.  It was a lab day after that though which is always fun for all.
I was happy to have taken a little time to relax last night with the little applique bits on two more Dear Jane Blocks.  I remember that the yellow block is called Pebble's Protest, but I have no recollection of the orange one.  I'll look it up at some point so that I can get labelled and sorted away until the rest of the blocks are done.  It has been a rainy day today, the kind that makes you want to snuggle up with a scrappy quilt and a good book.  

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Cute blocks! I continue to admire your ability to work so small. :-)

As for the names...well, Pebbles reminded me of the Flintstones and Bam-bam...Sigh. ;-)

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. Love all the bright colors you are working with.

The end of the school year is right around the corner. Not sure I'm ready for that. Next year my only will start high school. How does that happen?

Deb A said...

Glad you got some relaxing sewing time in. Very busy this time of year.

Ellen said...

Your blocks are adorable and look so fresh, are you paper-piecing?

Teresa in Music City said...

Ahhhhh - Pebble's Protest! I remember that one well!!! I actually renamed it Teresa's Protest because it gave me such fits ;*D Mind you, no one else in our group had a problem with it - just me LOL!!! Your blocks look great.. you are moving along so quickly, you'll be done before you know it!

Andee said...

These blocks are cute!