Sunday, June 5, 2011

T-Shirt Quilt Part 2


I really liked the frog fabric that came with the t-shirts for Meredith's t-shirt quilt, but I wasn't sure that it went with the other fabric. I felt that something "solidish" was needed to tie the colors together. So, it seemed that a trip to the fabric shop was needed. There is a new exit onto the highway now, so I was driving right past Waffle House and popped in for a quick breakfast. Kurt took the kids to see a movie so it was a nice quiet morning at home. 2.5 hours later (I've been keeping track), I had the sashing cut and the last few shirts added in. I'll let it settle for a bit and get some feedback from the eventual owner to see if she approves of the changes.

3 comments:

heather said...

Very nice top. I'm working on a t-shirt quilt right now too. Mine's a bit more abstract than yours since the t-shirts I was given range from kids' size to adult. I hope to have some pictures up soon.

http://www.spiritblog.net

Anonymous said...

I think blue and green are excellent 'neutral' colors for any kind of fabric that features natural objects/themes. Love the brightness of the blue you chose for this one.

:) Linda

Amy said...

Oooo....hopefully the owner agrees that this was a good design move! The "solid" fabrics work wonderfully! That "busy" border fabric would have blended the blocks together too much.....

A+ for you.