Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy June

I love brand new months.  For those playing along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge it is the start of a brand new color.  So, go grab your YELLOW scaps and start thinking about sunshine and summer and happiness. 
I had Kurt cut some PVC pipe to make a hamper to fit under the counter-top in the laundry room.  The kids put it together and then I made fabric liners for it.  One for darks and one for lights.  It isn't exactly a quilt, but it was a sewing project that needed to be done. 
I saw my friend Ashyln at swim team this morning and she gave me the shirts and fabric to make a t-shirt quilt for her daughter.  It always makes me a little nervous to make quilts for other people, but still excited about having a new project to start.  After that it was the bug guy and the lawn guy while sanitizing everything in the house to try to keep the girls from getting the stomach bug that Ryan came down with in the middle of the night last night.  I'm hoping he doesn't share, but it never seems to stay that isolated.  The girls are all snuggled up watching a movie right now and I've been doing summer cleaning and organizing.  Aah, the lazy days of summer!

8 comments:

Caren Kristine said...

Finally my favorite color!

Anita said...

Woot, I think I can finally play along again. Off to the sewing room to look for yellow!!

sophie said...

Yeah1 I like yellow and was guessing it was next. Can't wait.

Amy said...

three more days
three more days
three more days

Oh! Sorry! Just trying to convince myself that my "lazy days of summer" WILL get here....eventually....

three more day....

I CAN'T WAIT!!! And yellow ;0) LOVE it ... how perfect for June!

sophie said...

He sounds like a "keeper.' Happy Birthday.

Betty Lou said...

I wonder how much yellow I have, not much I think, but I will give it a try. I am thinking it will be a small baby quilt.

Angela said...

Yellow is such a happy colour, I'm off to raid my scraps!! :)

Comfort Cove Designs said...

hmmmm yellows... I wonder what I could muster up??? I am involved in a couple swaps and mug rug swaps.. so I will work on a few small projects.

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea