Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Spy a Border


I guess it is no secret that borders are not my favorite thing. I love the look of them, and truly appreciate how much they can add to a quilt. I just get so anxious at the end and I like to get things done. The I Spy quilt though is just a tad too small. I had pulled this parrot fabric out of the donation stack for the back, but I'm thinking the green might work well as a border option. I guess I'd better start the pressing, measuring and pinning. This quilt was kind of a random selection of blocks, but I'm starting to like it now that it is all coming together. I always seems to work out that way, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It's looking good, especially with the parrot fabric border. I know what you mean about borders, I really admire some of the wonderful, intricate borders that I've seen, but by the time I get that far I'm beginning to have had enough and want to get it finished.

Amy said...

LOL...with the craziness of the quilt, that border fabric is PERFECT! Great progress.