Friday, June 12, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me.....


......I'm so done. We drove back over to Orlando this morning to get in just one more morning of theme park fun before our cousins go home. Anna was on her sleepover, so it was just three of us today. Then I had to book-it back home to meet the bug guy at 1. We had barely finished lunch before Sydney was off to play with her friend next door. I was a little ragged around the edges by then and puttered about with my puzzle for most of the afternoon. Between kid stuff of course.
I wandered into the sewing room after the kids were in bed again and got the second week of my calendar quilt put together. It is mostly theme park and swimming related to represent how my time was spent last week. I went ahead and cut out a few blocks to prepare for next week. chess fabric for Monday when Ryan starts his camp and ice skating fabric for Anna's lesson in the morning. I don't have any space shuttle fabric, but Endeavor is due to launch at 7:17 in the morning.
I also got some of the sock monkey blocks put together. I decided to try out the "quilting in sections" that Amy has had such good luck with. If I separate the top into quarters it works out to a nice, easy to manage size. l also pulled out the fabric to cut out the last of the Christmas Lights squares. I might finally get those blocks squared up and collected together to await the next step.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds as if you need a day of R & R after all that fun. I'm a great fan of quilt-as-you-go too, it makes home quilting so much easier.

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

You have a lot more endurance than me. It is not likely to end soon. Isn't that what summers are all about.Fun Fun and Blessing on you and your family.

Micki said...

Sounds like you ahd a alot of fun! Your quilt is wonderful! Enjoy making it!
Micki