Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day


I hope everyone is having a happy Memorial Day. Our weekend has been busy celebrating Sydney's birthday. We were a bit worried about the idea of a swimming party in the middle of a weeks worth of nonstop rain. I spent hours planning back-up activities and games in case the weather was too stormy to be in the pool. Miraculously, the rain stopped just in time for the party and everyone swam the afternoon away happily.


Sydney has been busy since then playing with all of her new toys. I think she likes having a birthday party. When she was younger we would just double up on Anna's party and have a cake for Sydney as well. Now that she is a big 6 year old, she wants to have her own party with her own friends.

We spent Saturday morning out getting a haircut and doing the last minute shopping. We went to Snip-its, a kid themed haircut salon. They did a great job on her hair and finished her up with ribbons and glitter. What could be more fun than that?



Today Kurt took the girls ice skating so that Anna could try out the new outfit she got for her birthday two weeks ago. Her lessons were off for a couple of weeks and she was anxious to show off her new ensemble.


I have managed to get a little time in on the sewing machine, but mostly I've been ironing and organizing. I'm just about ready to get the blocks for Things Quilters Say sewn together so I'll be sure to get a picture of that as soon as it is ready.
We have burgers on the grill now, and I think we'll be able to get them in before the rain starts again. It's been beautiful all day, I'm sure all the parade and picnic goers are thankful for that.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Enjoyed all of your pics and looking forward to seeing your project.
Micki