Monday, March 3, 2008

Reorganization

One of my neighbors was working at a local craft store when they went out of business. After the store closing, they threw out all sorts of shelves and fixtures. This was an extra display stand that she saved from the dumpster. It originally had a big top portion with crown molding and hooks for hanging stock. I pulled that off and used part of it to construct a new top. I'll trim a cutting mat to size and attach that for a perfect counter height work surface. The bottom is made for 12 x 12 paper storage with room for all of my paper separated by theme and color. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. And best of all -- it was free!I went to a crop on Friday, this is one of the pages I made with pictures from my sons room. My husband painted superheros on his walls, and I was so happy with the way they turned out. Of course that was two years ago, and now he's into Pokemon, but I don't think the superheros are going to disappear anytime soon.

2 comments:

Phyl said...

I love freebies:). It loooks great with all the papers, too!

Tracey in CT said...

That is a great storage unit!